The mining industry is complex and requires specific expertise.
With unique exposures and the potential for sizable losses, our team’s experience is critical for helping your valued clients. We provide a depth of knowledge and have formed long-term relationships with key decision-makers with global reach.
Why Work with Brown & Riding?
- Respect from Markets – We negotiate with markets as equals, including the ability to negotiate required form changes with expert knowledge of pricing.
- Experienced Coverage Negotiations – We have the knowledge of what to include in a policy as it relates to specific mining operations, which means clarity in claims negotiations.
- Quick Turnaround – We save you time because markets trade with us on many accounts.
- Access to Industry Experts – We have extensive networks that you can use for claims, valuations, or engineering. This results in your client getting the best people for their needs.
- Up-to-Date Market Knowledge – A clear marketing plan can be created, versus learning as you go. This results in the benefit of a better-structured program.
- Teamwork and Specialization – This practice group is a multi-disciplinary team that provides a coordinated approach to handling placements.
- Mines and quarries – including above-ground, open pit, and underground mining risks
- Mining-related operations – including refineries and processing plants, equipment manufacturing, repair contractors, and supply companies
- Mining consultants and engineers
- Precious metal mines – e.g., copper, molybdenum, iron, gold, silver, aluminum
- Non-metal mines – e.g., garnet, diamond, salt, rock, sand, gravel
- Coal mines
- Layered property programs, including below-ground values with underground Business Interruption
- Manuscript policy forms to address the unique exposures that many mines have
- General Liability
- Builder's Risk, including development of new mines
- Pollution Liability
- Professional Liability (project design wraps)