Legal marijuana in the United States is an emerging industry that is experiencing tremendous growth. Our experts can help you navigate the new opportunities and challenges developing in this sector.
- Growers / Cultivation Facilities
- Ancillary Companies
- General Liability: $1,500
- General Liability + Product Liability: $4,500
- Property: $2,500
- Inland Marine / Transit: $1,500
Specializing in Placements
- Butane and hexane chemical extraction exposures
- LRO Exposure for Property with Cannabis Tenants
- Growing, extraction, and processing exposure
- General Liability / Product Liability for growers, processors, and dispensaries
|Cannabis Grower & Processor||CGL including Product Liability||$4,500||WA|
|Cannabis Marketing and Labeling Company||CGL including Product Liability||$4,600||WA|
|LRO - Tenant Cannabis Processor using Butane Extraction (Explosive Solvents)||PROPERTY- Special Form Perils||$10,522||WA|
|Cannabis Grower-Processor and Dispensary||CGL including Product Liability||$4,500||AK|
|LRO - Tenant Cannabis Dispensary - Retail Adult Use||CGL -Premise Only and Property (Mono-line)||$3,500||WA|
|LRO - Tenant Grow operation and processing exposure||CGL -Premise Only and Property (Mono-line)||$12,126||WA|
|LRO - Tenant's multiple Cannabis Growers and Processors||PROPERTY- Special Form Perils||$36,051||OR|
|LRO - Tenant Cannabis Dispensary - Retail Adult Use||Property only||$2,543||WA|
|LRO - Tenant Cannabis Dispensary - Retail Adult Use||CGL-Premise Only||$500||WA|
|Cannabis Grow Operation||CGL-Premise Only||$3,200||OR|
|Cannabis Transport Company||Inland Marine - Coverage Cannabis Inventory||$2,100||WA|
|Cannabis Grower and collective||CGL including Product Liability||$4,500||CA|
|LRO - Large Scale Cannabis Growing Operations and processing multiple Tenants||Property and CGL Premise||$98,456||OR|
Cannabis Industry: Quick Facts
- Legal marijuana is the fastest-growing industry in the United States.
- In 2016, legal North American marijuana sales totaled $6.7 billion. This is an increase of over 24% from 2015.
- National legal sales are projected to surpass $20 billion by 2021.
- 26 states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Three other states recently passed measures permitting medical marijuana use, which will increase this number to 29.
- Use of recreational marijuana is legal in DC and 8 states: Washington, Colorado, Oregon, Alaska, California, Massachusetts, Maine, and Nevada.
United States Cannabis Legalization (as of March 2017)
(sources: The Huffington Post, The Cannabist, Forbes, Governing, Business Insider)